View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 AM

Leon and T206,

That is what I was thinking and what my concern is. IF something were to happen to me, my Mother and Nephew wouldn't know what my cards were and especially wouldn't know how to grade them. So getting some of them graded would give me some piece of mind as far as not damaging them while holding them and looking at them. I would also feel better because if they ever had to sell my cards they could just list them on eBay as graded cards or call an auction house and have a list ready and say "here is what we have to sell".

By getting my cards graded, I wouldn't be so worried about my Mother and Nephew leaving money on the table because of potential buyers concerns about ungraded cards.

Of course, the trick now is to 1) find the money to get the cards graded, 2) organize the cards so as to minimize postage and insurance costs and 3) MOST importantly, finding the courage to get the cards out of the safe deposit box, package them and send them to SGC. (Horror stories I have read on this board about lost or stolen cards).

David