View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsnutcards View Post
That is what I do not understand about those who are so against JSA and PSA. If they didn't exist how would someone find out who to trust? Where would a novice autograph collector start? How would they even find someone whose opinion they could trust? Everyone makes mistakes, even major dealers, auction houses etc, but they are not brought into the spotlight because their mistakes are usually not out there for everyone to see. That is why 3rd part authentication exists, to give you an extra level of comfort when buying something. They are just certifying their opinion just like every other major dealer in this industry. It is then up to the consumer to make a decision how to weight that opinion.

The reason is because people dont know these authenticating companies, they just see abc, or xyz and trust them. Who looked at your autograph when you sent it in?

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, DO YOU? nobody does. how can you gauge trust in an authenticator that is a mystery man to you?

If Richard Simon looked at a ruth ball i was considering buying, i can take richard's opinion for what i value it. But if the ruth ball comes with abc or xyz, just whose opinion am i valuing? Give me a name. They don't tell you who looked at it.

Please answer that question and dont dodge it.

Last edited by travrosty; 12-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.