View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Again, school age children are required to get other vaccinations before they are allowed to enroll in school. What's the difference?

Your either opposed to mandatory vaccinations or your not. You can't have it both ways. How can you pick and choose which ones you're for and which ones you're against?

Are sixth graders catching HPV nowadays? My guess is probably the majority aren't. However, that's where you're spinning it. The vaccination is to protect young girls BEFORE they become sexually active, not after.

Question: Are you telling me that if you had a middle school daughter and there was a vaccination (assuming it was thoroughly tested for side effects) to prevent her from getting HPV (which causes cervical cancer), you wouldn't do it? Come on!

Edited to add: If you really want to talk about health care decisions being “forced” on people, let’s talk ObamaCare – which the majority of Americans were against. That was forced upon us.

If the Supreme Court doesn’t find it unconstitutional, hopefully it will be repealed or defunded by the next administration.
Hi David-

I really wasn't trying to spin anything, that's why I provided a link to the article I read, which IMO pretty much speaks for itself. Now, as far as forced vaccinations, I actually had to research what kids are being vaccinated with to be able to answer this. Here's what I came up with from the Illinois Department of Public Health (as example):

As parents, we all want our children to grow up healthy and free from the effects of serious disease. One of the easiest and most effective steps we can take to help achieve this goal is to make sure that our children receive all the recommended childhood immunizations.

The Illinois Department of Public Health strongly recommends immunizing all healthy children against the 10 vaccine-preventable childhood diseases. Illinois has laws requiring vaccination against some of these diseases before children can enter school. Children who are immunized are not the only ones to benefit from the protection these vaccinations give. Immunizations also contribute to the well-being of everyone by reducing the chance for diseases to spread.

Why should my child be immunized?

Children need immunizations (shots) to protect them from dangerous childhood diseases. These diseases have serious complications and can even kill children.

Newborn babies have antibodies from their mothers and are immune to many diseases. However, this immunity does not last and quickly wears off in the first year of life. By immunizing children at the recommended times, you give their immune systems a chance to make protective antibodies that help fight against disease and illness. Children who are not immunized run the risk of being exposed to germs too strong for them to fight.

Are these diseases very serious?

Today we might not think of these diseases as being very serious because, thanks to vaccines, we don't see them as often as we used to. But the fact is they still exist and may lead to pneumonia, choking, brain damage, heart problems, blindness and death in children who are not protected.

What diseases do vaccines prevent?

Immunizations protect children against —

Diphtheria
Tetanus (Lockjaw)
Pertussis (Whooping cough)
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella (German measles)
Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (Hib)
Hepatitis B
Varicella (Chickenpox)

I did not know what "Diphtheria" was......checked Wikipedia: Upper respiratory tract illness-is contagious, spread by direct physical contact or breathing aerosolized secretions of infected individuals (tried to keep it short).

So, you said : " You're either opposed to mandatory vaccinations or you're not. You can't have it both ways. How can you pick and choose which ones you're for and which ones you're against?"

I don't agree with any of this statement/question. Why can't I have it both ways ? Why can't I pick and choose which ones I'm for or against? Let's just say I'm for whatever is best for the children, period. I can see and understand why the above vaccinations are important, and I'm sure almost every doctor would recommend the above vaccinations.

Do I agree with a politician deciding what's best for childrens health because he's getting paid off by the big pharma company? Hell no.

If my family doctor recommended my daughter have the shots ( I don't have a daughter) would I agree? Possibly, after thorough research. But that's my point, I hope I cleared that up

As far as Obama care- let me get to that one a little later in another post- I need a little break

Sincerely, Clayton