View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Question:

as far as all the diff backs in t205 and their rarity:

How much more should I expect to pay for a card with any of these backs.

Example, Lets say im buying a SGC 30 common card for $25, pied 25 back
I would be interested to see a list of all the backs with like a, % or a x, with the inceresed value i should expect to pay.
Example -
polar bear - same price
Cycle .50 more
AB - x2
ETC

It's really market driven. My guess is that all but the most rare 4-5 don't add values. I would say AB might add 25% or so, Broadleaf 2.5x to 7x or so , and Hindu and Drums are the biggies. It really depends on the card and condition. A common Hindu that would go for $50 with a Piedmont back might go for 15x-30x or more....and a common Drum might go for 25x-35x or more in today's market. These are just educated guesses and others might know more. Those are estimates for commons and a multiple for a HOF'er would be less. I would guess my Hindu Johnson, if it had a Piedmont back, would be $300-$400 in today's market...but with the Hindu back would probably fetch 12x that.....again, just my opinion (and what I figure I have into it).

Also, for comparison's sake, I think I paid about $3500 for my M. Brown with a Drum back in a 4.5 holder last year?....and if it were a Sweet Cap back it would probably be around a $200-$300 card.....again, just guesses on the common back but real data on the Drum....so it's about 12x-15x. Hope this helps....

Last edited by Leon; 12-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.