View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I dont know guys, I didnt realize how bad this is. Ill admit I am wrong.

Whenever I make an offer to end an auction, and it is rare, I am offering what I think the card is worth and am trying to avoid a pissing match at the end, compter glitches, etc and zach said. Ive also made the offer if I find another of the same card and want to see if I can get one of the sellers to go lower than the other. I dont think its morally correct to try and lowball an unknowing owner though...this seems in the same category as finding a box of pre-war cards in a garage sale and spending $10 on them and calling it good.
I have received offers to end an auction early that was more than I had hoped to receive in the end. I wasn't aware of the problem being as bad as it is though. I feel it comes down to intentions and it is NEVER alright to take advantage of someone, but I feel its perfectly legit to try and buy the card before my compitetion realizes its out there and make a fair offer. Early bird and the worm story?

Jeff - I guess it can hurt just to make an offer....and I agree "well-played".

I agreed with a lot of what you said earlier in this thread. It should not be considered morally wrong, and cheating a seller out of money. If a seller lets a $500 item go for $100, well that is the seller's fault not the buyer's fault. When selling on ebay, and especially selling a item one knows nothing about it is best to do research first before selling it. I completely agree with you about it not being the buyers fault. Most people on ebay are adults and should take responsibility for their own listings. In this economy there are people always trying to save a buck, so a seller has to protect themselves by doing their homework first, and not accepting low ball offers.