View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjung View Post
A global registry would be a trainwreck waiting to happen - if it existed.

For every well-meaning person with legitimate cards graded by a mix of PSA and SGC (let's say), there will be someone who puts their "mint" set graded by PRO or the likes.

Then you get into the argument of who's graded cards get let in. Do you let BVG in? Do you let Global in? How about KSA or ISA? ... and why not raw? We would all have our own bars by which to judge, but for example, many would suggest that older GAI slabs rarely cross with an equal grade to PSA or BGS or SGC. So, how do you weight the grades? All 9s from GAI might equal all 8s from PSA, yet the registry wouldn't reflect that.

My point is this... registries inherantly mean ranking of who's set is nicer. A mixed bag registry would throw that way off - since there is no baseline. If there is no reasonable ranking, then registries just are glorified checklists and galleries. Image Gallery or Photobuck or any of a multitude of other sites are just fine for that.
+1...my exact thoughts on the whole idea.

Cheers,
Blair