View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Bob C.

Thanks to those who responded. I forgot about the ability of Seller's to decide if and when to opt into the new payment methodology from Ebay. And in retrospect it makes sense that Ebay couldn't send out notifications to all current and potential Buyers about when the actual changes would take effect for each specific Seller. Still, it was a bummer to suddenly buy something and then when I went to checkout, find the Seller offered no payment option I was happy or comfortable with.

I already sent a message to the Seller about how I can pay him as I don't want to use any of the options he's selected to use. Was just a bit surprising as it is the very first time I've come across this.

And thanks for the update on when they may finally return to using Paypal as an option as well. Had not heard that time frame before.

Now, wasn't there supposed to be a drop dead date by which Ebay was going to force all Seller's to use their new payment platform, whether they wanted to or not? If so, anyone know when that is supposed to be?