View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Reflections, Theory's, etc.... Show-n-Tell us of your T206 "finds"

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My most major T206 find was very timely. It occurred in early 2006 when I was putting together my all-PIEDMONT set. This find of approx. 400 assorted PIEDMONT cards
was from South Carolina. The owner of these cards got them from his Grandfather, who collected them in his youth from 1909 to mid 1910. This was evident to me, since
there were no PIEDMONT 350-460 series cards in this find. Included in this group were 29 - Southern League cards with OLD MILL backs.
Most of these cards (80 %) graded Vg-Ex. The other 20 % were Ex cards. There were 284 different cards in this group, of which I needed 192....expediting my progress in
completing this all-PIEDMONT set.

Here is a sample of the cards from this find which are still in my PIEDMONT set......

Barry's story is...."is the stuff that dreams are made of" (quote from Humphrey Bogart in the last scene in the movie "The Maltese Falcon".

So come on guys, I'm sure you have some interesting stories of your "finds" to share with us

TED Z