View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
C'mon guys, this is a no win situation for Jeter. If he takes that ball as a gift, he's a money grubbing jerk. If he quietly offers the guy money (fill in the amount) so that he won't have to pay taxes he's a jerk because nobody knows. If he publicly offers the guy money (fill in the amount) he's a jerk because it wouldn't be enough and the poor guy would have to pay taxes on the amount.
Too bad Roger Maris isn't alive so that they could compare notes about the wonderful NY press.
I disagree, the kid did the right thing so why can't he ? We all have to pay taxes and you seriously don't think his acct wouldn't find a way to write it off if he gave it as a gift ? Or just outright bought it ? Jeter is paying taxes on all the merchandise they sell right ? The kid is gonna have to pay taxes on anything in any amount so that is a mute point. I do think the kid is gonna be alright and see a nice payday coming for him over the next couple years in advertisments and sponsers, but it doesn't look good that Jeter has done nothing for him when the kid did everything for him. And this is coming from a HUGE Jeter fan who agrees he owes no one anything but it comes to a point of doing the right thing which as far as I know he has done nothing.