View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I find it particularly interesting, and also quite comical, when I hear or see someone complaining about something like the government always looking to raise or add new taxes, but then when the government finally decides and gets around to doing something about it and instead goes after the tax cheats that aren't already paying the taxes that they should be, and finally enforcing the tax laws like they should have been doing all along so they don't have to raise or create new taxes, those same people start whining even more when it turns out they are some of the ones that have been cheating the rest of us all along by not properly paying the taxes they should have been to begin with. And I am not pointing a finger at you, or anyone else in particular, on this forum. Just saying.
This. The law ain't new; the enforcement effort is.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the underground economy in the United States is estimated to be equal to about 8.8% of GDP. Since GDP is about $20-23 trillion each year, the underground component is nearly two trillion dollars. Just taxing that under long-standing law would cover a gigantic piece of the government's activities. The people 'hurt' by having to pay the taxes they actually owe, boo-friggedy-hoo. Screw them. The tax frauds are just picking the pockets of everyone else.

As for politics, there is a Watercooler section where anyone so inclined can howl at the moon over whatever political nonsense he or she wants without annoying the rest of us who are here to discuss cards. Know it, learn it, live it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-09-2023 at 08:24 AM.