View Single Post
Old 12-19-2001, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Default PSA non-grading of T204's and a T205 question

Posted By: Bill Cornell

This is my first post here. I was very pleased to come across this forum - I've gotten back into collecting tobacco cards after a ten-year hiatus and have learned a lot by reading the different posts.

I recently submitted a group of 7 T204's to PSA and was a bit disappointed to get 2 of them back unholdered as "evid. trim" (I'm including scans of them below). If these are trimmed, it's debatable - it can't be more than 1/32" and that could be chalked up to 1909 machinery... No recourse with PSA, of course, but I'm unconvinced of their decisions. My skepticism was increased by the grades the other 5 cards got: the one that got a 6 is, to my eyes, clearly not as good as one that a 5 (the others were 2 5's and a 4).

Suppose I'll have to chalk this up to, er, experience. As a general question: I have 2 T205's with American Beauty backs that are slightly narrower than "regular" T205's. What I've read about T206's indicates that this is normal. Does that also apply to T205's? Would PSA have a clue?