View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 12:38 AM

Default Brockelman Auction contest with Diamond Stars Jimmy Foxx + prewar consolation prize!

Thought I would try something a little different...feel free to shut down the thread Leon if you have any objections.

I consigned ten lots to the upcoming Brockelman auction that ends this Saturday. I am offering this nice 1934-36 Diamond Stars card of Jimmy Foxx shown if someone can guess at least 9 of the 10 lots I consigned.

Only one guess per member (no edits) and a guess will consist of only ten lots (must list lots by number). Guesses will be accepted up until 11pm EST Saturday February 11th. I will end the contest if and when someone correctly guesses 9 or 10 of my consigned lots.

It can't hurt to participate, and good luck (the only hint besides the one in post #8 that I will be giving is that each lot is within the Pre-WW2 category). For obvious reasons Net54 member 'SB1' is excluded from entering this contest, as I believe this is Mr. Brockelman himself. Don't even think about it SB1.

***Added auction day bonus*** if no one guesses the 9 (or 10, for crying out loud) I will send out a prewar card (1910's, 1920's, 1930's or 1940's, your choice of decade, my choice of card) to the person who guesses the most correctly. In case of multiple guesses at the same level, the first guesser wins it*** So it is time to cough up some numbers!

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foxxcontest407.jpg (81.2 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg foxxcontest408.jpg (75.1 KB, 333 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 02-11-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added added bonus