Thread: 48 Leaf Joe D
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Default 48 Leaf Joe D

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I stand corrected about your source of card.

My comment about what you collect wasn't rambling... it is a factor in what you'd do with Joe D. I don't think you rambled when you said you collected sets, my comments explained what I collect. Were we both rambling there? I think it is a factor in why you have that card in the first place.

To me PSA 8+s are off condition, they are off target of what I collect.

And it is obvious that you are focusing on the number, not the card. PSA didn't alter your card when they graded it. You were happy with it when you bought it, but not happy after the grading. It was still the same card.

Dennis said you said it was a beautiful card, but in looking back I see that you never said that. Still, I reckon you thought he looked good when you bought him, you were still satisfied with his appearance before grading, he looks the same, you're discontent with the card in some way now (I think it is the number on the plastic).

I still think my 3 options are sound ones, and that you'll go with the first one.

Have you a Doc Prothro Zee-Nut that is an 8 or better? I'd love to see it. Please post. Or any of the 4 T210 series 6 Old Mills I mentioned, even in a 4 holder??? Those would impress me much more than any 8 or better T206 card (but for the big 4).