Thread: T207 Lowdermilk
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Default T207 Lowdermilk

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

I remember in the early 80's reading a big article on proof cards in a trade magazine. I always wanted the Jackson and 67 Maris Yankees Proof back then myself! I have since given up on these new cards, since I started collected vintage cards - I did own a 67 Maris Proof around 5 years ago, but sold it in a major auction to buy t and e cards! As for the Lowdermilk - everyone is right - not as scarce as others in the set and the price. However, it, like the Wagner etc., were popularized early on in Hobby publications. I remember in the 2nd grade reading about the Famous T206 Wagner and Plank and T207 Lowdermilk cards in Hobby books - seemed like the "BIG THREE" rarest and most valuable cards in the world according to early publications.

This early hype caused all three of these to be more valuable than their rarity would indicate! The T206's just skyrocketed b/c of their attractiveness and availablility, or you would see the Lowdermilk selling for Plank prices! Too bad early writers didn't know the really rare cards, or we might be hailing a T210 Joe Jackson as the "King of Cards" instead of a T206 Wagner!