View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I would have been happy with winning the 1 jersey had I been outbid on the other auctions. I always consider the cost of shipping as part of the purchase price. I tried for more than 1 jersey so as to save on shipping and in the process helped him realize greater prices on multiple items. You would think by that alone he would have been appreciative.

The bottom line on this whole thing is that it sucks to be the successful bidder on 2 items (which was my game plan), be issued a combined invoice, pay immediately and then be told that the seller screwed up and shipped my item to someone else.

Jeff
You're right, it does suck to have won an auction and paid, only then to have found out that because of a mistake by the seller you dont get the item you won.

You keep bringing up the fact that your bidding on other items you didnt win, helped the seller realize greater prices on multiple items and because of that he should have done more to compensate you for his mistake and your disappointment.

Looking at the handful of Mets jerseys he had ending that night, maybe you helped his realized prices by a couple bucks, but I wouldnt think it was more than that. Would a refund of an extra $3 have helped ease your disappointment and have satisfied you?