View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Would You Leave A Negative?

I won 2 items last night from the same seller on eBay. He had about 6 or 8 auctions going for NY Mets BP Jerseys and he states that he will combine shipping. I go a little harder for a few because of the combined shipping. I win 2 of the jerseys and definitely pumped up the prices for him on the others. I pay this morning and here is the exact response from the seller:

Hey Jeff,
I ran into an issue. It seems i listed the Ramirez jersey twice and didn't realize it till now. I already shipped it to the other person. I didn't realize that i had screwed up until just now when you paid the invoice and i was going to pack it for you. I'm really sorry about this..i will send you a refund for it and ship the other jersey. I hope you'll understand.

He refunds just the cost of the jersey with no shipping, so I reply:

Actually Darren, I am not really happy. I understand that mistakes happen, however you didn't even refund the overage in shipping that you charged me (the original shipping was $8.50 and you charged me $10.50). I was trying to buy multiple items from you to save on the shipping costs. I drove up the prices on a number of these for you. If you don't have any other Mets Jersey's to offer then I think that you should at least refund all of the shipping charges ($10.95) to me.

He then refunds me the $2 and this is his response to my email:

Jeff, I'm sorry i will send you the additional $2.00 that you were charged for the second jersey..i should have done that in the first place and over looked it..

I have been on eBay since 1997 as mostly a seller, but I am a buyer once in a while. I know that if I had screwed up I would have gladly eaten the shipping cost as requested instead of risking 2 negatives. Between 2 eBay accounts I have almost 5,000 feedbacks with no negatives or neutrals. I have left a handful of negatives at most and almost all for Non Paying Bidders.

There is just something about this transaction that is bugging me....would you leave a negative for one or both transactions? He has 19,700 feedbacks with 3 negatives and 3 neutrals in the last 12 months so my negatives would merely be symbolic. Thanks for you input.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 07-23-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spacing