View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:23 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I have been trying to complete my 1952 Bowman Large football set for almost five years. It's a pretty tough set with a bunch of rookie cards and short prints.

Friday morning when I checked my email, I had notices from eBay that some of the cards I watch had new listings. Three of the four cards I need for my 1952 Bowman Large set had been added! When I checked the listings, all were from Deans Cards. I admit to usually not paying much attention to his sales.

Months ago, I abandoned my attempt to get these cards at 10% book or less, and moved my threshold to 20% book price or less. Two of the three cards met this criteria, and the third was close enough for me! I checked and double checked my math, and pulled the trigger on all three cards.

I posted more detail over on the Football Cards "New Acquisitions" thread. I bought and paid for these cards on Friday, and the USPO attempted to deliver yesterday (Monday) but I was not home to sign for them. I picked up the cards at the Post Office this morning. They were shipped for free. In total these cards cost me 19.8% NM "book" value, and I am quite happy to have them in hand!

Larry