View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Honestly, I think there are situations where you can get a lot more $ on eBay for a particular card than you can get here. Sometimes an educated consumer is not your best customer.

(An if it's something's really nice, you can in most cases get an AH to waive their fees, or sell with an outfit like Brockelman which doesn't charge a fee to sellers.)
Yes, AH's might waive their seller's fees, but they will not waive their buyer's fees, so whatever you call it, there is still a margin that separates a seller and a buyer. (Seems like we go over this a lot.) I'm just questioning why selling cards this way seems to be the modus operandi, especially with fairly basic issues like Cobbs, Ruths, Gehrigs, etc. that tend to come up often.

That said, I do agree that sometimes dumb buyers will bid certain cards up beyond the general "market price" than an educated buyer's base would pay, (see: Battlefield), and I do agree that really rare stuff and especially memorabilia is perhaps better off with some marketing support.