View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Shaun Fyffe

That was their image. Their subtitle also stated: Perfect Centering, Strong Corners, and Stunning Color.

I don't have my own scan of it, though I will scan it in once I receive my submission from PSA.

I saw that it was ending at a price that I'd be willing to pay to simply prove a point, bid on it, and won it. I bid on it from my phone, and only saw the image afterwards. The top left corner looked weak to me, and the centering was definitely not perfect.

When I received the card, I was not exactly amazed by its "stunning color", and the card was not quite as superb as they stated. I had sent them a message prior to receiving the card about the top left corner, and the falsely stated title and subtitle. They stood by their titling, and said that if I was so unhappy with the card, I shouldn't have bid on it, and I could return it. I wouldn't say that they were impolite, but they were definitely adamant about their way of listing things.

My intentions on buying the card were to send it into PSA just to show how off their listings were, and I needed a '55 Topps for my J. Robinson anyway. I figured it would kill two birds with one stone until I felt like upgrading to a much higher grade.

After receiving the card, I figured the card would come back a 4 due to the not so strong corners, and the less than stunning color that it had. I guess even I overestimated the grade of the card.

If there is one thing to take away from this grade, it's to read their titles, and know that the opposite of what they are saying is the actual reality.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards