Thread: PSA vs. SGC
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Will agree that on the whole SGC's holders are more aesthetically appealing. Unless you are doing '71 Topps. I do like the new PSA holders with the hologram or the lighthouse logo, but for some of the older ones, they have been around long enough now where some of the early 2000's slabs are downright nasty. Why people will buy a card for hundreds or thousands of dollars but then not bother to take care of the slab it may be residing in for the long run is something that has always perplexed me about collectors of graded cards.
SGC holders, at least until the brand new ones, scratch if you breathe on them and get cloudy, and get these little internal cracks that reflect light. PSA holders, on the other hand, in my experience are more durable and in any case clean up beautifully for the most part with Novus. SGC do not clean well at all. My percentage of sending in SGC cards for new holders is much much higher than PSA.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-18-2018 at 02:33 PM.