View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 11:18 PM
Mike Navarro

I've been to a few, but this was my favorite. I was a flag unfurler. When it got to “Banner yet wave”, we had been instructed to make the flag wave. It was incredible, the crowd went nuts, and I’ve got to admit that a couple tears streamed down my face, it was surreal. My wife is the lady on the lower far right, and I’m the wide guy in the red shirt, black shorts beside her.

At the end of the Anthem, two helicopters flew over us. One had the Texas flag on the bottom, and the other had the American flag. My camera phone was able to capture it:

Here’s a better photo of the choppers:

Next up was the first pitch by two Texas favorites, Nolan Ryan and George W. Bush:

This was my view from the camera phone:

Here’s a shot from another angle that I’m going to have to get autographed eventually. You can see me taking a photo to Bush’s left, I’m the blurry wide guy in the red shirt, black shorts, holding the camera up:

And here’s another shot where you can see left to right, my backside, my wife’s backside, George W. and Nolan Ryan. This is another one I hope to get autographed:

After we got the flag put up (which took all of about 3 minutes, the Rangers hooked us up with a bag full of goodies, TShirts, hats, programs, etc. My wife and I then entered the Ballpark to go to the game and spied the ALCS trophies. Of course, I had to have a picture:
Very fun night and the Rangers won the game to boot behind an incredible Holla d pitching performance.