View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 09:00 AM
James

1993 - Game 4 - 15-14 game, at that point I think broke the record for the most runs scored in a world series game. Game was crazy. I had won the right as a 13 year old kid to buy tickets at face value by entering a lottery, I had no money, fortunately, my Dad was able to buy them for me and him. Almost directly behind the left field foul pole at the Vet. Seats couldn't have been worse, the experience as a 13 year old kid couldn't have been better (well could have been better if Mitch Williams hadn't imploded) but even though the Phillies lost, being there to witness it with my Dad in person is still one of my favorite childhood memories.

2008 - Game 4 - No lottery this time, and I had to pay significantly above face value, but I had the opportunity to repay my Dad and take him this time. The Phillies took the lead from the start, and it was just one of those games where everyone in the stadium early on had a good feeling. So much energy, capped when the SP, Joe Blanton homered in the 5th. The place went nuts. A great experience to be there for a WS win.

2009 - Game 4 - Had a partial season plan with some friends, got the opportunity to purchase at face value. Completely different experience than when I went with my Dad, but still fun. Memories on this one are a little fuzzier as a good time was had "pre-gaming" but this one ended in another Phillies loss