View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:37 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default 2006 game 4 / 2011 game 7

In 2006 I bought a pair of tickets to several NLDS and NLCS games. One of the games I didn't have someone to go with so I posted on Myspace (pre facebook days) that I had a spare ticket to the NLCS game. A female from my Church jumped at the opportunity even though we didn't really know each other. After that game we clicked and spent the rest of the games watching on TV together. I then asked if she would be willing to go to Game 4 of the World Series with me, but because I wasn't rich she would have to pay for her ticket. She said yes.
Fast forward a year later we got engaged and now we have celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary this year.

When the Cardinals got to the 2011 WS I bought tickets to a few games, but didn't feel like I could afford to keep them all so I resold my other tickets predicting there would be a game 7 and I wanted to be there for that one. That was a great experience for my wife and I to enjoy together since our first time getting to know each other was 5 years prior at the Cardinals playoff games.

So the Cardinals playoffs are very dear to our memories in our marriage.