View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: jay behrens

To think that Bonds off the juice would not have won an MVP is laughable. To say his What If career would be Junioresque is also laughable. How do we know he isn't juiced?

Bonds is an incredible hitter, juice or no juice. Steroids don't improve hand eye coordination or help get the bat on the ball. If this were true, the freaks from pro wrestling would dominate baseball.

The current assumption is that most players are juiced. Why would you think that Bonds wouldn't win an MVP if no one was juiced? He might not have won 7, but I'm sure he would have won a fair number.

People's hatred for Bonds is such they will make wild assertations that they would never make about other players.

As for the lame copout that Clemens is fat, so he can't be using. Using steroids in and of itself doesn't give you the body of a Greek god. You need to work out in such a way as to make you body look that way. Look at powerlifters. You won't find a chisled muscle on those guys and most sport some extra weight, just like Clemens. So don't delude yourself into thinking that just because a guy isn't ripped means he isn't using steroids.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.