View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I'll put in my 2 cents worth:

Acquisition Strategy
Target 50+/- cards per year, for 10 years. Create a spreadsheet with estimated expenses per card, and of the 50 cards per year, acquire about 37-38 commons, and 13-12 uncommons/HoFers/important cards. Thoughts?
Sticking with anything for 10 years is a goal in itself.

Grade
Not too concerned about corners. I'm more focused on the surface. 1-2 will work for the commons. SGC 1-3 for the important cards/HoFers, as long as the 1 is under-graded. Sound about right for a budget?
Personally, I hate paper loss ; try not to depend on under-graded cards.

BacksI don't think the backs are too important to me. I'm just going to target the best price I can find for each card. For those of you who have attempted/completed this set, would you recommend targeting a certain back, or does completing this set with a budget negate the importance of the backs?
As many board members will attest, there is a lot to like about T206 backs and a lot of hidden value, so don't just bypass this.

Storage
Breaking it down, I want to put the commons in a binder, and the uncommons/important/HoFers in slabs. Thoughts?
Like anything else you want to preserve, keep away from direct sunlight.

MarketplaceWhere is the best, most trustworthy place to buy raw T206?
Our own BST for sure!

Good Luck!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente