View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Yes, 90% of store owners will overcharge for vintage. I find that the only way to get a good price is to cherry-pick commons and pay "book price" which in some cases is ok. I did recently pay decent coin for a '57 ungraded that would have been very hard to buy online....But most run of the mill off-centered stars/rc's are way overpriced....Also, sometimes Beckett is wrong in the other direction, i.e. underpriced. Would gladly pay for '57 Lucky Penny cards at their prices. Anyway, the card I bought for $100, would not have bought the same card online:

Patrick, that Richardson is fantastic. It's been three years since I've been to my lcs. Seeing that beauty you picked up makes me want to head back out to SMP, and fast. There's just nothing like looking through a case, and seeing a bunch of vintage beauties together. Ebay will never have that charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitysportscards View Post
This is what makes card shops fun as a parent with kids (My Son on the left and step-daughter on the right). Chris Heisey of the Reds stopped by the shop today. Chris was very nice!
Hank, that's really cool. I hope your store is really successful.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.