View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Not that I have a dog on the fight, but to me there is a big difference in paying retail and getting a bad item and and paying pennies on the dollar on a long shot. If you've spent as much in the hobby recently as you state you have I'd hope you'd know close to retail what an authentic gamer's value is - and it ain't $250.

One of two things happened: either someone was fishing for a sucker and snagged one, will take the item back and your $20 and go fishing again. Or - you tried talking someone who didn't know better down from 10% of an items true value to 4% and ended up burning yourself. Either way it's your world and you can play in it however you please, but don't get upset if that gives some people a unsavory opinion of you because really nothing in this makes you look very good. Live and learn. Happy collecting.
EXACTLY...Personally, it just rubs me the wrong way. You have imbecile's making up the "GRANDPA" stories and the ever popular ESTATE sale... When you see either of these with your buying experience on SH** BAY, you should know it's FAKE PERIOD! RUN LIKE RABBIT WITH THORN IN PAW.

Unfortunately, you have this "something for nothing" mentality and it really isn't becoming or a very smart way to live your life, IMHO. BUT, it is your life and if you want to be a dopey buyer, go right ahead... I prefer to live the life of "If it's too good to be true, it is!!!!!!! Now I won't find a book with JFK's signature for 2 bucks, but I'm not going to get hammered by scammers either. I'll just be happy buying the best I can and moving on. If I make a mistake, I just suck it up. You like finding deals and 99 out of 100 this is what you're going to get...Mule kicked in the throat.

***THIS IS 1 of 2 reasons I have quit collecting and QUIT E-BAY. I'm sure you are a great guy and this isn't a personal attack, just my opinion. Still, if I ever come out of hiding to sell any of my stuff, Id like your ID too so I can block you as a buyer.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 01-09-2017 at 09:54 AM.