View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 04:49 AM

Twarman17,
Opinions are usually split on whether or not to get a jersey signed.
I would recommend that if you do go that route that you get it signed in the tail section as I've shown here.

BTW, regarding Mark Grace, I have a great story to share:
I grew up in Tustin, CA graduating from Tustin Union High School, which happens to be Mark Grace's Alma Mater, although Mark Grace graduated several years after me.
During the early 1980's I was taking batting practice in the batting practice cages directly across from the high school. Through the years I had become friendly with the owner of these batting cages.
He pointed at a blond-hared kid shagging balls in the back of the batting cages. Out of the blue he declared that "This kid will absolutely hit .300 in the major leagues!".
I said something like, "Whatever, man" and asked him why he was so sure? He told me that "He had seen literally thousands of baseball swings in his lifetime, and this kid DEFINITELY HAD IT! His name is Mark Grace and don't forget that he was the one that told me about him".

Obviously he was right as Mark Grace had an extremely successful ML career.
Mark Grace was the reason that the Cubs traded away Raphael Palmeiro, which is saying something (over 500 HR's and 3,000 career hits).

TRIVIA QUESTION:
Who had more hits than anyone in the 1990's in the MLB?
ANSWER:
Mark Grace

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-08-2017 at 04:58 AM.