View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
They need to give little stars or certificates for making certain bids on their items. That would certainly stimulate bidding even further, from those who need extra third-party validation and a pat on the head... Maybe a little dunce cap logo or something.

That said, a system that in effect overrides PSA grades certainly has some philosophical validity; PSA grades are pretty tragic and too often don't reflect eye appeal whatsoever. It seems every time I search for cards, I find cards in PSA X grade that are thrown beatings by cards a full grade lower.

The dumpster fire is due in part to PSA's changing standards over time. We have cards in slabs from many years ago that look horrid, and much better looking cards graded today can't get the same grade.

End result is more onus on the end buyer/collector to issue the final and most important grade with our wallets.
I have yet to see anyone say a card sucks for the grade.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.