View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I would prefer threads be in the correct places. But sometimes they do overlap and have relevant info for everyone in the hobby. As for the Rose rookie phenomenon, I agree it looks. to me, like market manipulation by the likes of investors such as Justin and his band of cohorts. I also don't think there are many Rose rookies in 8 holders changing hands in private sales for 16k+.....

As stated with over 380 PSA 8 Rose rookies, I hope those guys have a lot of money. The longer they stay at those artificial plateaus the more will come out and the more they will have to buy to keep the prices inflated. Hopefully they buy them all and everyone else collects other things. That way they can have all of the 8s for themselves and all of their money tied up in them, with no where to go. Last person holding loses, so it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Sure there is, but I believe the OP's observation speaks to the hobby as a whole and not just a particular card from 1963. I collect almost exclusively pre-war, but I personally find the rampant inflation on the postwar side to be both fascinating and relevant. Makes me curious about the eventual impact on blue chip pre war cards, and it tends to change my frame of reference when deciding how much to bid on certain cards.