View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 12:14 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Yes, and this is why the Carew should have been designated with a MC qualifier. It's textbook definition of miscut.
Textbook does not equal PSA definition. PSA has two different definitions for miscut, which seems to be the confusion you're having.
The MC qualifier: Cards that exhibit an atypical cut for the issue, which may result in portions of more than one card being visible due to its oversized nature, will be designated "MC."

The other miscut, which is what you're talking about: "N-8 Miscut - This term is used when the factory cut is abnormal for the issue, causing the card’s edges to deviate from their intended appearance. Grading fees are not charged in this instance."
Seems that you're fighting just to fight, not to understand the difference. PSA should have not graded the Carew card at all (or given it Authentic) if the card is not square. I agree that they're INCONSISTENT with this practice. I have gotten many cards returned ungraded that have a much lower angle deviation than this card. In fact, someone posted a PSA 9 from 1972 with a much worse rhombus look to the cuts that should have also not been graded on their forums.
As for the Joiner, show me a scan of the back.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.