View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromebelasco View Post
hi joe,
i would like some advice. i think this card would be worth getting professionally graded but being in the uk, im not that familiar with the process. can you offer any tips, which company,prices. of course they all have websites but i would rather hear it from the collector rather than the company.
thanks

It seems most golf collectors I know have their cards graded by PSA.
PSA charges a membership fee / but with that they give you a bunch of free card submissions. I am not sure how it would work out with shipping to the UK as far as overall expenses go. Check with PSA.
http://www.psacard.com/

Another respected professional grader is SGC. But - - with regard to golf cards - - I do not think they have anywhere near the following / the number of golf collectors. This company has no membership fee....
http://sgccard.com/

If it is in EX - MT condition, recent eBay auctions have the card ranging from $125 - $200.

I haven't seen an image of your card - but where grading gets crazy pricing for this card is if you get it into a PSA 8, 9, or 10 holder. The last PSA 8 sold on ebay for triple the amount the last PSA 7 sold for.

If you think your card is NM - MT and has a chance at a 8 or higher - - it is definitely worth grading.

I think you will see a better end result on eBay with a graded card - but that is not always the case. And, I think especially with golf card collectors here in the US (as opposed to baseball card collectors) purchasing ungraded cards is common. If you choose to sell it without grading, the best advice I can give you is to give an accurate description. If the card is trimmed / colored / altered in any way - mention it (it will kill your price, but your customer would be less likely to ask for a return).

good luck.