View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Default Babe Ruth 1930's Advertisement Help

Posted By: Greg Theberge

David,

While what you say could be true, I wouldn't generalize anything and say it is necessarilly true.

Yes, things can and have been modified (probably even the sign in question), but not always. Size is probably the most common modification above anything else.

There has been more crap on ebay that has been directly copied from items in our Beer collection from a book we co-authored a few years ago. (Hey, why not, you can even buy the book on ebay, what could be easier). I've seen prints, pins, clocks and T Shirts on there that I know were directly STOLEN from the pictures in our book. There was no alteration in font, or the graphics themselves. I know they are from our book as most of what is in there are the only pieces known to exist.

I'm also a little confused on your comment above about why one would frame a piece such as this. I don't understand why that would have any merit towards the authenticity of the piece that is framed. (although I do admit that the frame on the piece in question leaves much to be desired).

All the best,

Greg