View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
My second series, with apperances at '89 NLCS, '97 and all the early 2000s.. Great atmosphere tonight.. Hope it came through on TV. I'm not out to get you... It was the comment about "frisco" fans that got me first. I rarely post, but I was just psyched on my team. If you know the area, you'll know how much we hate the word"frisco".. It raises hackles around here. And also the insinuation that we're overexcited, rookie fans. I had season seats in 6 straight non playoff seasons. Most of us have stuck with this team through very lean years.. Heck in '91 we actually lost this team to Florida. So believe me, the fan excitement is deserved.. we're not just over excited frisco fans.

Btw- Zito, like Cain could've gone 2 more. He wasn't struggling at all when he was pulled.. But as I see it, Boch saw the opportunity to get Timmy in with the home crowd going nuts. He's a genious with late inning subs and at giving his bench and bullpen crucial game work. It keeps everyone focused and builds confidence. It will pay off later in the series when Mijares, Kontos have already gotten their WS butterflies out.
I feel ya, Ian...I'll quit being argumentive for no reason. The Giants are playing unbelievable right now and I wish them the best of luck. If they win, they will deserve it, that's for sure.

Not totally the same, but I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan and I've been through the ringer with those guys and finally in the late 90's and early 2000's they put together a good team. I waited a long time for that to come to fruition...so I know how it feels to love a team and not get too much in return.

Tell me this though...at more than one point in Zito's San Francisco career, you can't tell me you did not wish that guy was on a different team, right?
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 10-25-2012 at 12:23 AM.