View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Default USA &PRO grading services Anybody???

Posted By: Dr.Koos

..shill bidding. Same seller as a bidder with multiple accounts BUT, I would hope that Ebay WILL take some action, if it looks as clear cut to them as others, admittedly, myself included. I'm not sure if BRSZ is a Gold-Power seller (can't find time stop and search right now) butI DO know of one Gold-Power-Seller who WAS definitely given suspended priviledges for 30 days (Auto parts) when Ebay caught the alternate email/handle, multiple shill bids he placed on his own item which wasn't responding to bids in the way he had hoped). Personally speaking, I have the worst luck in the Universe. If I sit at a gaming table, the dealer won't be able to draw anything less than 2 bricks or a BJ, unless I stand up and leave. But knowing that I get NO help from fate has made me strong and all the wiser as I wouldn't even THINK of attempting to shill bid an item of mine up for auction. Private auction or not, if I did, I have every confidence in Ebay that they'd know about it BEFORE my ENTER key even snapped back (Ebay can see all the bidders in a Private auction)!!!! THAT'S the kind of luck I have. Anyway, the entire concept of shill bidding as a viable option is ridiculous. Set your reserve, your Buy It Now and shilling shouldn't be a necessity . Then again, why risk shilling from a multiple handle anyway when I guess you can just call your Uncle, other family member or friend with an Ebay account, many miles away from your state, and have THEM put in a bid for you rather than risk shilling yourself right off of Ebay.