View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I feel it is my duty to try to provide a relaxing, peaceful and friendly environment around here. The fact that there could be some who espouse hatred being in those groups, makes it uncomfortable for many members including myself. If someone keeps their views to themself, and they aren't running for the Grand KKK dude, then they probably wouldn't even be known about on this forum. I think it comes down to who we want to associate with. I firmly believe the great majority here don't want to associate with hate mongers. This just isn't the place for those confirmed members of extremist organizations. I can't imagine trying to do a deal with a known skinhead or Natzi on the BST, therefore it's not going to happen.
I can agree with that.

I don't have much tolerance for them either, but I also don't go out of my way to find out stuff about everyone I come in contact with. Like you said, if they stick to cards and aren't a public figure or activist we'll probably never know.
I just think a situation could come up where there's a disagreement about hobby stuff (Nah, that never happens! ) And someone digs up something to get the other person kicked off. That wouldn't seem fair to me even if I didn't like the persons views.