View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
If you listed items that ended between 7:00-7:30 Pacific last night, you might want to read this.

I had a $2,400 snipe in on an item that ended last night at 7:30PM Pacific. A little after 7:00 I noticed that I could no longer get to the item to view it - I was in the middle of listing items for sale, and that feature also stopped working (couldn't use the 'selling' link).

I put in snipes just in case I forget about an important auction, or I'm away from the computer, so I started thinking that it was a good thing that I had the snipe in. When I clicked on the auction link from the 'item about to end' ebay email, I got an 'Invalid Item' message. I tried to click auction links for some of the items I had listed earlier that evening, and same thing: 'invalid item'. This continued until shortly after the auction ended, at which time I found that a bid put in prior to the ebay problems won at $1,225 - half of my snipe!

This morning I got an auction sniper report that my snipe had failed because it was an 'invalid item'. I clicked the link and it worked fine. I'm not surprised, as the item had a value of around $2,500-3,000 and I wasn't expecting my $2,400 snipe to win - the only way it went for such a low price was because no one could either bid or snipe. I let the seller know that he got screwed and explained what happened from my end.

Does he have any remedies?
It might be against their rules but if it were absolutely an outage I would seriously consider voiding the sale. An internet malfunction that greatly impairs or disables the site should be just cause.

Last edited by Leon; 10-30-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: changed response...