View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE....what backs are your favorite(s), and do you collect runs of them ?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I cannot decide which of these three are my favorite backs; therefore, I'll start this show with examples of all three...…

AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 (AB 460) and UZIT backs were printed concurrently. Research indicates that they were issued circa Jan-Feb 1911. I believe the AB 460 and the UZIT
cards were in the last production runs of the T206 set.
I equate them to the 1952 TOPPS and 1949 BOWMAN High number's series (which were issued in the Fall of their respective years). Short-printed, and quite difficult to find.
And this is certainly very true for the AB 460 and UZIT T206 cards.

My 14-year adventure is nearly complete, I have 72 of the 74 subjects printed with the AB 460 back

. . .

McGraw is the favorite of my UZIT cards, since this card is unique (till some day a 2nd one is discovered)

My 1910 COUPON run includes the T206 six Super-Prints....plus 7 other T206 subjects. Willett is my nicest example

. . . .

OK, let's see which T206 back(s) are your favorite. And, tell us what in particular appeals to you about the back....or whatever ?

TED Z