View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Default T206 DRUM's....and their "A-B-C-D connection"

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Hey Guys,

This frame discussion has me wondering about the dimensions of the frame. I have one Broadleaf, no Drums... so I'm not able to make a precise comparision.

What I'm thinking is that the AB frame is done first. Look at how nicely "Beauty" fits in between those curly-ques (Barry, how do I spell that?). Then the other brands come along... "Cigarettes" looks a bit cramped in there, doesn't it?

The American Beauty cards are not as wide, as we all know, 'cause the American Beauty cigarette packages were slimmer. And it seemed that from a thread about Broadleaf not long ago that they too are a bit slimmer. My one Broadleaf looks ever so slightly thinner than a normal card. Cycle cards are full size, I think. And I suspect Drums are but I do not have one. If American Beauty cards came before B, C, & D, it seems American Litho could have either kept the same size frame for all cards, the easiest; or engrave a new frame that would better fit the normal size cards, requiring additional work.

So... do the frames on all the cards seem exactly the same size? Are AB frames smaller? And are Broadleaf frames slightly smaller too??

Frank.