View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

(Copied from OBC server)
Opening bell found me sorting a big stack of exhibit aircraft cards both white and black numbers buying 66 cards for about .75c each. Two more sets to chase lol. The show seems pretty busy all day to me. To mix things up I got three free autographs NBA Bill Cartwright, Fritz Peterson, and Scott Williamson also PSA took my picture insert into a baseball card and slabbed it kind of fun plus they gave me a mini bat of some kind labeled "Submission Stress Stick" lol I am not kidding!
Visited Net54 member Taxmechanick (Glenn) and bought an 1887 Gold Coin N284 card of Bushong slabbed SGC 10 what 1887? Thanks Glenn I love it!
Met lots of old and new friends both OBC and Net54 then pulled the trigger on some kind of game card featuring the Adams kids Pugsley and Wednesday it just drew me in for three dollars lol!
Finished a bunch of sets today '61 Nu Card Scoops baseball, 1959 Topps Wacky Plaks, 1966 "007", 1967 Topps Maya, 1971 Fleer Drag Champs, 1972 Donruss Choppers and Hot Bikes, and brought several sets down to one or two. I did buy a nice stack of original 1969 Donruss Odd Rods happy to get those.
Eleven hits total now 1934 Diamond Stars baseball and 23 hits 1933 Goudey baseball really gaining some ground on these sets.
Also finished 1953 Topps World on Wheels with two low grade high numbers which are not seen much, one dealer had three high numbers and I needed two. I nicknamed this dealer "half price Harry" cause I would request a price half of what was listed on his already discounted prices and my technique worked most of the time.
As you can see plenty of non sports cards here on the show floor. No gripes from me at all I think the show has been solid. I did start to hear the roar of the crowd over at the box breaks or pack wars area but although it's not my thing plenty of collectors like this fine by me.
I need one card to complete 1966 Philadelphia Green Beret set but bought an unopened wax pack for $10 gonna open that baby up one in sixty-six chance I pull the card I need, don't worry I won't attempt the Gum.
I cancelled on the trip to downtown and had a nice dinner across the street with Taylor, Bob, and Spike with a Van Halen cover band performing on the green they are called Atomic Punk 23 years a cover band? Stopped at Walgreens Bob/Cigs Spike/Pepsi Taylor/nothing Me/Haagen-Dazs I win that version of pack wars!
Exhausted and ready to sleep its 11:18 PM. Got to be ready for tomorrow!
Larry

Sent from my iPhone