View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I just can't for the life of me figure out with Operation Bullpen back in the late 90's with all the guys busted by the Feds and recently Mastro and maybe his cronies and Coach's Corner still keeps plugging along? I don't get it. People have been complaining about these guys for years and nothing gets done to bust them. What the heck is wrong here. I'm sure people have also contacted authorities about them but still they keep ripping people off and making money. At least the Feds should shut them down based on all the complaints if the don't have the time for anything else but don't let these guys keep ripping people off. Amasing
I have had some long talks with the authorities that could do something about these crooks. I totally get they should be shut down. However, it's not as easy as one would think to prosecute someone based on their opinion. That is only one issue though.....there are others as to why they haven't been prosecuted. In reality, I think it should be a joint effort by State and Federal authorities that bust them. They have seemingly committed both types of crimes.

Also, I doubt there are a lot of federal authorities jumping up and down to prosecute a difficult case in the sports memorabilia business. It's just not something that is exciting.....All that being said, I think their day will come, one way or the other. You can't commit that much fraud, steal so much money from people through that fraud, and get away with it forever. It is impossible. If nothing else, I am sure Karma will find them...