View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 10:45 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Not cards in slabs with bar codes.

Not cards that have to be worried over, if something has been done to them, or any of that.

Just cards of players you like reading about, and actually holding their old cards in your hands.

Not worrying about how much they're worth.

Not worrying about how much of a fortune you're leaving behind when you up and croak, because your family is actually well taken care of, and isn't looking to pay off the mortgage or go to college on baseball cards.

I know this kind of collector, like me, still exists because I have bought and traded with them, even on this forum.
I own very few slabs and the ones I do own are special. The value vary rarely means anything to me and I really couldn't care less what happens to my collection when I pass. It is fairly large and has decent value but it means nothing to us in real life. I also love to trade and have made 100s of trades with members on here.

I get the flipping as I supported myself for a few years doing it. Had a lot of fun doing it. I'm just not interested in it anymore and consider myself just a collector. Now whenever I sell anything it is to buy something else.