View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 08:45 AM
Al G algae
alan go.uld

Shoeless Moe, I could not agree more. I consider myself the typical collector. A middle aged overweight (somewhat) guy that spends more than he should on cardboard but what possesses these AHs when they close their auction at 4 am?
I understand the double OT stuff...bid before 9 pm so you can bid after. I get it. But why not push the first deadline up to 3pm. If I were a consignor than I would be pissed since most east coast bidders are like me ......asleep. If I lived in Guam it would be ideal but my guess is most bidders do not.
If I really really want an item and I know that I will have to stay up till 4am than maybe I should hang out at a bar or a strip club so I am wide awake when its my turn to bid. If I wake up in the middle of the night ( at 3 am) to bid than do I have to stay up 90 minutes more to see if I get outbid? It makes zero sense.
I do not care how the AH decides to end their auction. If its lot by lot that is fine. If its the 15 minute no bid rule than that is fine. But why do it at 4am when you can schedule all that you need to so that it ends at 11pm or midnight.
Note to AHs : Put in your max bid and go to sleep routine and we will handle the rest does not work. Most bidders want to control the car they drive.
How popular would the NFL be if they started their games at midnight and they ended at 3:30 am? They would be in Guam I guess.