View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GehrigFan View Post
Yes, unfortunately, the Magazines are mostly for more modern cards that change price a little more frequently, and they keep issuing so many that something has to give. Think about how small those original Beckett's were and now they are all like books! Also, the high end pre-war stuff... let's face it, it primarily resides in slabs. Thus, like Leon said, go get the Graded Card Price Guide Book - you will find the most comprehensive information there (or also the Almanac - published once per year). Keep in mind I'm over Grading, not magazines, so I am not "officially" speaking for them, just as a fellow collector. But personally, I LOVE the Graded Price Book - and I, too, tried to point out flaws in it because I thought it might be old pricing, but Brian the PG Editor, has gone to great measures to really track all this stuff amazingly. I think, from a collector point of view and not a Beckett employee, it is hands down the best reference book for pre-war cards now with different grade breakdowns instead of just ranges.

Mark
Mark,

I appreciate you sharing this insight. Thank you very much.

I now have my sights set on picking up the Graded Card Price Guide Book.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra