View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default If the bottom fell out...

Posted By: john/z28jd

I agree with Darren,if the bottom drops out im buying as many cards as i can before the price goes back up and if it never did go back up then id have what i would consider the ultimate collection hopefully by the time im done. In all honesty i cant see that ever happening because there would be too many collectors who wont sell their cards now for twice what theyre worth so why would they sell them then for alot less?

For someone like me,once a card is in my collection that i really want,it has no monetary value.An example is i bought a card a few years ago for $12 that i wanted and about a year later i was offered $250 for it(which was about 3 times what it was worth) and i wouldnt sell it and it was because if i wanted an extra $250 i could work a few extra days at work for it but i might not get that card back anytime so i wasnt selling.The other side of the story is if i wanted to sell the card i still wouldnt have taken $250 for it because it was an $80-100 card at the time and the person was a fellow collector who ive talked to a few times so i wouldve charged them a fair price knowing full well they could possibly help me out sometime later