View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks

Thanks guys.....I just approved several people. GrandSlamBids has had a slow start but there are almost 500 registered users today. We just don't have the marketing dollars or the momentum of ebay or a few other sites. I am biased, but truthfully, the functionality with GSB is absolutely phenomenal. Think of almost everything you don't like about ebay, and we fixed it on GSB.

There is:
Sniping (internally set, works great, and is free)
ALL bidders are seen after an auction is over but not before.
Sellers can see how many snipes are set but not how much they are...
There is 2-3 click import from ebay and when something sells on either site, it automatically comes off of the other site. JustCollect imported around 10,000 listings in under an hour.....100's will only take a few minutes.

The list goes on and on.....and the fees, as of now, are 0 to list something (without any bells and whistles.) Winning bidders only pay about 2% or less.

There is some huge marketing and changes coming in the future which should propel the site to the next level. The negotiations are completed but it's going to take some months to launch.....but the site is 100% functional as we speak. I have personally sold around 35 cards and all transactions have been very smooth. And lastly, if you registered, you have to send back an email with some account info before you can be approved. That is to ensure we have you getting emails, which is very important, and that we can also get a hold of you if there are any issues. thanks again