View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default thoughts on this grade?

Posted By: Brian H.

As to the card at issue I guess I would give it a "20/1.5" (I think that's really just a half grade lower in PSA lingo anyway.) The price seems OK. After all this card is not exactly popping up every day on Ebay; the grading suggests (or even dictates to many) that it is legit; the player is a HOFer and part of that "Old Orioles" crew to boot. Frankly I might have paid as much although I would probably rather have one graded down for scrapbook removal than for all that image wear on the front.

I've gotten back a few post "Regime Change" cards -- T205s and T202s -- and for the most part I would say that they graded about 1 notch lower than I expected based on past SGC experience. (Using the phrase Regime Change makes me feel real important, like Donald Rumsfeld or something) These newly graded T205s will be making it up on Ebay in the next few days in case your curious. (a very sneaky plug!) I also have about 12 more coming back in the next few days and fear more slightly lower grades.

I also recently submitted a bunch to PSA (at the show in Chicago) and I'll recap that experience when I get them back. Part of the submission was to see how PSA did with T205s and T202s and another part was two complete sets I wanted graded.