View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 09:13 AM

As a Carew collector as a kid and now collecting autograph cards, it’s unfortunate that his is not anything like his “normal” signature. It almost like something happened about 5 yrs ago that’s affected it. I won’t get one from him now unless I find a cool Beastie Boys related item.
From what I’ve seen, Koufax still has a wonderful signature but not worth $3k for a rookie. I agree you can find them already slabbed for less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDaugird View Post
As one who obtained many autographs in person in the 80s at reasonable show prices, the going rates are tough to stomach. I did recently pay for a Carew private signing ($100, but it turned out rookie card was $200), and I figured it would be worth it to upgrade the rough Carew rookie card I had. Unfortunately the signature is less than stellar and a poor representation of his autograph. The eye appeal actually is diminished because it is a compacted, poorly formed autograph. If not for the JSA sticker on the back, it would seem worthless. Just hope you have better luck at the 4-figure fee.