Thread: investment
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Default investment

Posted By: leon

Buy what you enjoy collecting. Personally, I have found type card collecting enjoyable and it has held my interest very well. The uncatalogued cards are almost limitless. It seems I am able to pick up cool stuff quite often, not catalogued with ACC numbers, but cool nonetheless. If you want to go for sets you might do as mentioned and go for M116 or M101-4/5. Either one has HOF'ers you can find for under $200 (maybe even $100 or less) and many commons for $20 or less. These also represent an opportunity to go up a little more than the ones that have skyrocketed in the last few years. T201 and T202 can still be found reasonably also. If you like cool minor league stuff you can go for the Zeenuts (without coupons) or T210's. Either can be found for relative bargains compared to other cards. Lastly, I might suggest looking at T205. Until you get down to the last 10-20 cards you can find them fairly cheaply in decent condition. I have always felt they are some of the prettiest (if a guy can say that?) cards of any set. And lastly as said, and most importantly, collect what you enjoy. Good luck in the hunt....