View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default "Race card played in failure to sell Honus collectible"

Posted By: davidcycleback

My advice to the budding T206 Wagner entrepreneur is to buy all the T206 Honus Wagners reprints you see on eBay and Yahoo!, because there's got to be a chance that one of them is real, right? Sure, most of them will turn out to be duds, but it only takes one to be real and, boom, you're on easy street.

It seems such a waste to spend one's time and effort on one card, when you could be diversifying.

For a little insider's advice, I heard that with the 2000 Fan Fest Wagner reprints, Fan Fest ran out of reprints and pasted Fan Fest backs onto a few real Wagner cards. Granted, this is only a second hand rumor, but it would definitely be smart to start with the Fan Fest Wagners.

And, lastly but not leastly, even if all the cards turn out to be reprints: I hear that sexy young babes dig guys who spend all their disposable income on baseball cards. While I'm no matchmaker, I can assure anyone reading this post that his chances of getting a date with Jessica Alba or Maria Sharapova will not be lower if he spends more on baseball cards.